Who we are
Regency Asset Management Limited trading as Regency Real Estate, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a UK provider of real estate and investment management services.
Our commitment to privacy
We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. This policy contains important details on what personal information we hold, how we protect it, and it explains your privacy rights (if applicable).
Personal information we collect about you
We may collect and use the following personal information about you:
- Your name and contact information, including email address and telephone number and company details if applicable
- Information to enable us to check and verify your identity, e.g. your date of birth
- Your billing information, transaction and payment card information
- Your contact and transaction history with us
- Your nationality and immigration status and information from related documents, such as your passport or other identification, and immigration information, e.g. if you are a potential tenant applying for a tenancy
- Information to enable us to undertake electronic checks on you where necessary, such as Anti Money Laundering checks
- Your responses to surveys, competitions, and promotions
We only collect information that has been supplied voluntarily, you do not have to provide us with personal information. However, if you do not provide us with information we need by law or require to do work, it may delay or prevent us from providing services to you. When we collect personal information, we are open about how we will use it.
We collect information:
- through our website or the website of our affiliates – for example names, addresses or email details.
- from meetings with staff or business contacts, such as exchanging business cards, or collecting information at conferences or business events.
- that you provide to us in connection with the services we provide, for example in connection with tenancy or a lease agreement.
- that we use to validate your identity, such as a passport or proof of residency document.
How and why we use your personal information
We use your personal information under the legitimate interest basis for using and processing. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, this means that we use personal information to run our business and to provide the services we have been asked to provide, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
We use your personal information in compliance with all relevant laws and may use it in one or more of the following ways:
- We may use the personal information of tenants or other natural persons you have supplied us with to carry out work such as lease management on your behalf.
- We may use the contact information you supply to respond to your requests.
- We may use identification verification documents to meet with regulatory and legal requirements to verify who you are as a condition of providing services.
- We may use personal financial information to assess your eligibility for services.
- Personal information may be used to safeguard the security of our premises and those we maintain for third parties – for example through the use of CCTV.
Who we share personal information with
We may share your personal information with:
- Regency Real Estate employees who require it to perform their jobs.
- Organisations that support the products or services we provide to you.
- Anyone you give us permission to share it with.
- Official bodies to detect and prevent criminal activity e.g. money laundering, theft, fraud, terrorism, cybercrime.
We will never sell your personal information and we take steps to keep your details safe and secure.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have robust measures in place to prevent personal information from being lost, utilised, or accessed unlawfully. We limit access to your personal information to only those who require access to it to perform their duties. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We do not transfer your personal information out of the EEA (European Economic Area).
Where applicable you may have the following rights over your personal information…
- Access: The right to be provided with a copy of the personal information Regency holds about you
- Rectification: The right to require us to rectify your data is you feel it is inaccurate or otherwise incorrect
- Erasure: The right to require us to delete your personal information
- Restrict Processing: The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information
- Data Portability: The right to receive the personal information you provided to us in a format that enables transfer from one platform to another in a secure way
- To object:
– at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing;
– in certain other circumstances to our continued processing of your personal information; however, we may be able to continue processing your personal data if there is a reasonable justification for doing so
- Not to be subject to automated individual decision-making: The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
Stopping us contacting you
If you have provided us with consent to supply you with marketing and information, you can withdraw your consent at any time by email to email@example.com, or by telephone at 0207 871 1223.
How to complain
If you need to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unhappy with how we deal with your complaint, you can contact the UK supervisory authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office) by going to https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/, or on telephone at 0303 123 1113.
How to contact us
If you have any other questions about your personal information, please contact us by email at email@example.com.